- You’ll learn about another culture and language – without leaving home.
- You’ll start a lifelong friendship with your new “son” or “daughter,” and when your student returns home you’ll have a friend in another country.
- Members of your family feel closer to each other through sharing your daily lives with an exchange student.
- If you have children, they’ll gain a broader perspective on the world, learning more about geography, communication and international cultures.
- If your children are young, they’ll probably enjoy having a brother or sister from another country.
- You will be a citizen diplomat by creating positive impressions about the United States and Americans, breaking stereotypes, and fostering mutual understanding and respect.
United States Department of State