Host Exchange Students
Bringing an Ayusa exchange student into your school and community can have lasting benefits for your school, your students, and host families.
- For your school: Quality students eager to learn and participate in school and community programs.
- For your students: A chance for students to learn about new cultures, languages, and traditions (and develop new friendships!).
- For host families: The meaningful rewards of hospitality and generosity—plus a memorable experience families will cherish for a lifetime.
Our Students: The Best of the Best
- Are strong academic performers, well-rounded, and open-minded. We pride ourselves on a highly selective application process that goes above and beyond what other organizations require.
- Go through an extensive interview process in their home countries and are evaluated for maturity, strength of goals, leadership skills, and academic background.
- Are required to have SLEP (Secondary Level English Proficiency), or the equivalent English language test, scores of 50+. Other organizations typically require scores in the 40-45 range. English language skills are evaluated prior to arrival by qualified instructors.
- Understand the importance of giving back by engaging in community service during their stay in your community.
Personalized Support, Every Step of the Way
Our dedicated local staff have experienced cultural exchange first-hand: most have either studied or worked abroad, hosted exchange students themselves, or lived with exchange students. They’ll be ready to step in to provide support, guidance, and academic assistance whenever needed.
Interested in hosting exchange students at your school? Call us at 888.552.9872 or send an email requesting more information. We can then connect you with your local Ayusa representative and host families in your community!
"The addition of foreign exchange students has dramatically enhanced our school programs and our community at large. The support and professionalism of Ayusa staff is unmatched. Our students, our school staff, and our parents all benefit."
-Mountain Lake Christian School, Mountain Lake, MN